It can be difficult to determine the right type of tooth replacement that will best meet your needs. If you are trying to make the right decision for your teeth, then you will want to weigh out all of your options before determining what is best for you. There are many different options that you can choose from when it comes to replacing a missing tooth. However, you will want to find the right option for your budget but also for your oral health. There are several options that may seem more financially viable but you will want to consider the long term effects of your oral health when trying to find the best option for you.
Two of the main choices that you have are dentures and dental implants. Dental implants require a dental surgery and are much more invasive and costly then dentures. However, you can find longer lasting effects (without the embarrassment of placing your teeth in a cup every night) with dental implants. There are many things to consider when it comes to choosing the right option for you. Listed here are several ways that you can use in order to choose between dental implants and dentures:
- The cost difference between the two options. Of course, whenever you choose to get oral surgery, then you will find a price difference between that and any other options that don’t require surgery. This means that you will need to consider what you can afford and how you can afford it before making your final decision.
- The comfort level between the two options. Of course, once you go through the surgery and your implant fuses to your bone, then you will have a tooth that is as close to your old tooth as you can get. This, over time, will outweigh the initial discomfort of it. With dentures, then you are removing them on a daily basis.
- The longevity between dental implants and dentures
- The procedure required for either dental implants and dentures. When trying to decide between the two choices, then you must realize that one requires an invasive oral surgery and other other requires nothing more than placing false teeth in your mouth every night.
- The lifestyle between dental implants and dentures. You will never be self conscious about a dental implant. Dentures on the other hand can be very embarrassing to remove every night or during meals.
As you can see, there are many different things to consider with both dental implants and dentures. If you are trying to choose the right option for you, then you will want to consider speaking with an oral surgeon who can help go over all of your options. If money is an issue, then you can find the right office that can work with your financial needs and help you set up a payment plan in order to find the right oral care for you. If you need somewhere to start, then you will want to contact the trusted professionals over at Peak OMS. They are the leaders in dental implants as well as oral and maxillofacial surgeries.