If you are looking for a Harris County DWI lawyer, then you will want to make sure that you find the right lawyer that can best represent your case. If you are facing a DWI, then you are in serious trouble. If you don’t choose to get a lawyer, then you can face some serious jail time as well as thousands of dollars in fines. When you get a lawyer for a DWI, then it will be expensive but at least you can lessen or alleviate your jail time in the process.
A DWI in Texas is a serious offense. It is a serious offense anywhere in the United States but Texans face some of the most stringent laws when it comes to facing a DWI. There is absolutely no reason to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol and if you are considering it, then you need to consider the laws before you get behind the wheel. In fact, if you get your first DWI, then you will face between 72 hours to 180 days in jail! You will also be faced with a $2,000 fine and will have your license suspended from anywhere from 90 to 365 days.
If you are facing DWI charges and need to find a Houston DWI attorney, then you will want to know what to look for in the right attorney that can best defend your case. Listed here are several of the many things to look for in the right DWI defense attorney:
- Their experience in criminal law and alcohol related offenses. You will want to know about their past history with criminal law and more specifically, their expertise in alcohol related offenses.
- Their knowledge DWI legal matters in Texas.
- The deadlines and schedule of how a DWI works in Texas.
- Their history on past cases. You can also review their past case histories in order to see the results of clients that they have defended in the past.
- Referrals or recommendations. If you know someone else who has had a DWI in the past in your area, then you can ask them for advice on the right lawyer.
As you can see, these were just some of the many things that you will want to find in the right Houston DWI attorney that can best meet your needs. If you are facing a DWI, then it is too late to panic. Instead, you need to start doing your research in order to find the right DWI lawyer for your needs. You will want to start by researching online and then reading reviews. You can also contact any lawyer’s office that you are interested in order to set up a free consultation. You will want to be sure that you find the right lawyer to represent your case as fast as possible.
If you want to go with the best, then you will need to reach out to the experts over at Thiessen Law Firm. They are the leading experts in Texas law when it comes to criminal law and alcohol related offenses. So, contact them right away and they can help defend your case.